LebNaz Study Questions for Sermon
Love Your Church Series – Part 1 – “Belonging”
September 12, 2021
Study Questions for Discussion:
- Did you grow up in the church or did you come to the church much later in life?
- What was the church like that you grew up in?
- If someone asked you to describe the LebNaz church to them, how would you describe it?
- How would you show from the Scriptures that God has given us a need for community?
- What are some things that break down community and what would be some things that would build up community?
- God has given us a place to belong, the church, now we need to maintain it. How can we help maintain our God given place to belong? (See Ephesians 4:2)
- God has given us a place to belong, the church, now we need to commit to it. How can we be committed to our God given place to belong? (See Hebrews 10:25)
- What challenges have you faced to keep being connected with others in the church, small group, worshipping believers that share life together?
- What makes the church different from any other club, group, or gathering. “ekklesia” = Church = “gathering” or “assembly”?
- What example can you give from Scripture that leads one to believe it is ok to be a “Lone Ranger” Christian? What examples can you give from Scripture that leads one to believe we are made for community.
- Church discipline…
- 1 Corinthians 5:9-13
- 1 Timothy 5
- Acts 2:41, 44
- Hebrews 13:17
- Metaphors for the Church…
- Stones in the temple
- Members of a family
- Citizens of a kingdom
- Members of a body
- Church discipline…
How do all of these Scriptures and metaphors speak of membership and belonging
- How is active belonging a privilege, responsibility, and a doorway to others?
- How can a better understanding of the Scriptures help elevate our concept of the church?
- Ephesians 3:20-21
- Ephesians 4:1-6
- Ephesians 4:11-13
- Ephesians 4:14-16
- Ephesians 5:25
- Ephesians 3:10
- Discuss our privilege, responsibility, and a doorway to others when believes meet for worship and it’s impact on…
- Building up the church
- Angels marveling
- Demons shuddering with fear and trembling
- What are some obstacles to Community?
- Discuss how community is NOT easy, and what can be done to help insure Community – A Gospel – Jesus Centered Family.